Shanghai Metal Corporation supply a wide range of quality alloy steel, such as 20 CrMo,
30 CrMo, 35CrMo, 40Cr and 42CrMo which are highly acclaimed by our international
customers due to its durability and similar other attributes.
Alloy steel is steel that is alloyed with a variety of elements in total amounts
between 1.0% and 50% by weight to improve its mechanical properties.
Alloy steels are broken down into two groups: low-alloy steels and high-alloy steels.
The difference between the two is somewhat arbitrary:
Smith and Hashemi define the difference at 4.0%, while Degarmo, et al.,
define it at 8.0%. Most commonly, the phrase "alloy steel" refers to low-alloy steels.
Specifications of 40Cr Steel Plate:
1) Standard: JIS G4053-2003, EN 10083/1-1991, TOCT 4543-71, etc.
2) Grade: 40Cr, 42CrMo, 35CrMo, 14Cr1MOR, 12Cr2MO, 12Cr1MoV,
15CrMo, 10CrMoAl, 1CR5MO, 16MO3, 30CrMnSiA, 1CR5MO, 16MnCr5, 1Cr6Si2Mo, etc.
a) high purity good performance of high mirror polish, anti-acid, anti-rust after heat treatment
b) good corrosion resistance
c) resistance for erosive attack, good stability
4) Soft Annealing: Heat to 680-720oC, cool slowly. This will produce a maximum Brinell hardness of 241.
5) Hardening: Harden from a temperature of 820-850oC, 830-860oC followed by water or oil quenching
Dimensions of 40Cr Steel Plate:
Packaging of of 40Cr Steel Plate
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Applications of 40Cr Steel Plate:
1) Used in home appliances construction, machinery manufacturing, container manufacturing, shipbuilding, bridges, etc.
2) Widely used in petrochemistry, chemistry, electricity, boiler and vessel manufacture, and could be made into reactor, heat exchange facility, segregator, sphere vessel, oil tank, liquid gas storage tank, nuclear reactor press shell, turbine and other machines.
The following is a range of improved properties in alloy steels (as compared to carbon steels): strength, hardness, toughness, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, hardenability, and hot hardness. To achieve some of these improved properties the metal may require heat treating.
We will contact with you within 8 hours