Bearing bar pitch(mm): 30, 34.3, 40 & 60
Cross bar pitch: 100, 76, 50
Standards: YB/T4001.1-2007, BS4592, AS1657
Specifications of Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating:
1) The shape of Serrated type
2) Bearing bar pitches can be 12.5, 15, 20, 30, 30.16, 32.5, 34.3, 40, 60mm, of which 30mm & 40mm are recommended
3) Cross bar pitches can be 38, 50, 60,100mm, of which 50mm & 100mm are recommended
4) Surface treatment: Hot-dip galvanizing, paint or other anti-corrosive coatings are available, of which hot-dip galvanizing is generally recommended
5) Material: Q235 in line with GB/T700 steel
The allowed deviation of length is +0/-5mm, while the allowed deviation of width is +/-5 mm.
The non-perpendicularity of bearing bar is allowed no more than 10% of width of bearing bar.
Cross bar surface should not surpass bearing bar surface 1mm, beginning & end of cross bar should not surpass the end surfaces of two sides of grating 2mm.
The most popular specifications of Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating:
1) Steel grating with 30mm bearing bar pitch is the most widely used in industrial area. Among the general series, it maintains the strongest resistance to impulsive force.
2) Steel grating with 40mm bearing bar pitch is one of the most economical & lightest types. It should be the best choice to customer on the occasion when the clear span is small.
3) Steel grating with 60mm bearing bar pitch & 50mm cross bar pitch is developed specially for mining industry. As it can avoid the mineral splashing down on board, it’s appointed to use in fabrication plant, transfer terminal & other areas of mining.
Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating Saddle Clip:
Type A saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks, a holding down plate with teeth and M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type B saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks (one of hooks can draw together the two neighboring steel gratings), and a holding down plate with teeth and a M8 inner-hexagon-bolt.
Type C saddle clip - composed of a top board with double hooks and a M8 hexagon-bolt can be welded in supporting structure
Instruction of Selecting Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating:
1) Light & medium duty Maximum recommended spans
2) Heavy duty Maximum recommended spans
Tru-Weld bar grating is forge-welded, a system in which Fisher & Ludlow was a pioneer. In this process the bearing bars and cross rods are permanently forged together by heat and pressure into a single unit construction, resulting in greater strength per pound than mechanical assembly methods. The twisted cross rods provide a non-slip walking surface. For applications where extremely slippery conditions prevail, Serrated Tru-Weld offers a superior grip surface to the load bearing bars.
Bar grating types are specified by bearing bar spacing followed by cross rod spacing. In imperial measurements, bearing bar spacing is described in sixteenths of an inch. Therefore, Type 19 has bearing bar centers at 19/16 of an inch (or 1 3/16”). Type 15 has bearing bar centers at 15/16”. Type 11 is at 11/16” etc. The second number after the dash in the Type designation refers to the cross rod spacing. Cross rods are available in either 4” (standard) or 2” (special) spacings.
All bar grating Types may also be described in metric units. Again, the first number represents the bearing bar spacing on centers and the second number represents the cross rod spacing, both units measured in millimeters. Therefore, Type 30-102 Metric equals bearing bars at 30mm centers and cross rods at 102mm centers. This is the metric equivalent of Type 19-4.
Note: Although the special 2” (50mm) cross rod spacing does allow for less open space on the grating surface, it does not affect the load rating of the grating. The most economical and readily available choice for bar grating selection is Type 19-4 (Type 30-102 Metric).
Manufacturing of Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating
Material → Welding → Cutting → End plate welding → Surface treatment → Final shipment
Packaging for Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating
Shanghai Metal Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer’s requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I.D. and quality information.
1) Shanghai Metal Standard
Shanghai Metal provides standard seaworthy packaging to our global customers to avoid damage during the delivery prcess. We can also meet the customers' requirement to pack the goods. In general our product have a wooden pallet and fixed by flat steel strip.
Applications of Galvanized Serrated Steel Grating:
Steel grating can be used in the fields of flooring, catwalk, mezzanines/decking, stair tread, fencing, ramp, dock, trench cover, drainage pit cover, maintenance platform, pedestrian/crowded pedestrian, factory, workshop, motor rooms, trolley channel, heavy loading area, boiler equipment and heavy equipment area, etc.
Serrated: Better non-skid property & safety compared with plain grating.
We will contact with you within 8 hours