Anodized aluminum sheet is to place the aluminum sheet in corresponding electrolyte (such as sulfuric acid, chromic acid, oxalic acid, etc.) as the anode for
electrolysis under specific conditions with externally applied current. The aluminum sheet of the anode is oxidized and has an aluminum oxide film formed on
the surface; the film is 5-20μm thick, and a hard anodic oxidation film can be up to 60-200μm thick. After anodization, the aluminum sheet achieves greater
hardness, better abrasive resistance (up to 250-500 kg/mm2), and good resistance to heat; the hard anodic oxidation film also features a melting point of up
to 2320 K, excellent insulativity, high breakdown voltage (up to 2000V), and enhanced resistance to corrosion (it may stand salt spray under ω=0.03NaCl for
thousands of hours without being corroded). Additionally, the oxide film is distributed with numerous pores that can absorb various lubricants, thus making
the anodized aluminum sheet suitable for manufacturing engine cylinder or other wear-resistant parts; the strong absorbability of the film can also be well
utilized to form various bright colors.
Specification of Anodized Aluminum Sheet:
Gauge(Thickness): 0.3mm - 5mm
Width: up to 2000mm
Anodic layer: 2um -25um
A broad range of colours possible:
Clear anodizing: natural
Theoretically seen, any colour is possible with organic colouring
Features of Anodized Aluminum Sheet / Plate:
1. Light weight, 1/3 weight of stainless steel
2. Anti-scratch, the surface hardness reaches Sapphire Grade
3. Non-poisonous and environmental protection
4. Anti-static, anti-fingerprint, easy to clean
5. The surface anodized layer will never fade or fall off
Technical information of Anodized Aluminum Sheet / Plate:
1. Processing method: Anodization of aluminum sheet refers to the process of generating aluminum oxide film on the surface of an aluminum sheet through electrolysis when the aluminum sheet is put in the electrolyte as the anode.
2. Production flow chart:
racking – degreasing – rinsing – alkaline corrosion – rinsing – neutralizing – rinsing - anodizing – rinsing – pore sealing – rinsing – off rack – testing – packing.
Packaging of Anodized Aluminum Sheet
Shanghai Metal Corporation Products are packed and labeled according to the regulations and customer's requests. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation. In addition, clear labels are tagged on the outside of the packages for easy identification of the product I. D. and quality information.
Applications of Anodized Aluminum Sheet / Plate:
the anodised aluminum sheet is widely used, and applicable to metal aluminum ceiling,
curtain wall plate,
aluminum composite panel,
honeycomb aluminum panel,
single aluminum sheet,
electric appliance panel,
Advantages of Anodized Aluminum Sheet / Plate:
IV. Advantages of the anodized aluminum sheet
(1) Good process ability: the anodized aluminum sheet is strongly decorative, featuring moderate hardness and easy bending and shaping; it can be processed by continuous pressing at high speeds, and directly made into products without requiring complex surface treatment, thus having greatly reduced the production period and the production cost of products.
(2) Good weather ability: an anodized aluminum sheet with oxide film of standard thickness (3μm) stands colorfast for a long time when it is used indoors, with no corrosion, oxidation or rusting; a thickened anodized aluminum sheet (thickness of 10μm) can be used outdoors with colorfastness under long-time exposure to sunlight.
(3) Prominent metallic features: anodized aluminum sheets may have their hardness on a par with gems and are well resistant to scratches; they have no paint coating on the surface and thus have retained the metallic gloss of aluminum sheets, protruding the modern metallic features and promoting the class and added value of the products.
(4) Good resistance to fire: as the anodized aluminum sheet is purely made of metal without any paint or chemical substance, it neither combusts at a temperature as high as 600 degrees, nor generates any poisonous gas, and thus satisfies the requirements for environmental protection.
(5) Good resistance to dirt: the anodized aluminum sheet retains no finger print, and thus no stains will be left; it can also be easily cleaned, without producing any corroded spot.
(6) Wide applicability: the anodized aluminum sheet is widely used, and applicable to metal aluminum ceiling, curtain wall plate, aluminum composite panel, fireproof board, honeycomb aluminum panel, single aluminum sheet, electric appliance panel, cabinet panel, furniture panel, etc.
We will contact with you within 8 hours